W2LA’s future will be shaped by our core values:
- Develop the whole child
- Academic autonomy
- High ideals
W2LA’s mission is to create a caring, collaborative, creative, professional, and a technologically enriched environment that will allow for academic autonomy and encourages the development of the whole child.
We will fulfill our mission by being a center where school design, technology, student autonomy and neuroscience research drive educational and intervention approaches. We strive to develop independent, creative, critical thinking skills by providing an intellectual, professional, and creative center. This focused center fosters effective engagement in the world. W2LA recognizes the value of producing innovative, self-directed, creative, informed and socially responsible employees to meet the increasing demands of the professional world.
Our vision aligns with shifts in the global economy, society, and environment, which vitalize our mission and our values:
- Creativity, innovation, and a desire to challenge the status quo, both in what we teach and how we teach and in the intellectual ambitions of our student body and our staff.
- Social engagement, allowing students’ autonomy in their academic experiences to help them become critically engaged citizens dedicated to solving problems and contributing to the public good.
W2LA must embrace these principles, encourage innovation, and not fear failure in order to address shifts in the global economy, society, and environment that require individuals to cope with complex problems, pursue more fluid and flexible career pathways, and collaboratively create change.
First and foremost, we are dedicated to the child. A loving, non-traditional learning environment will allow us to be nimble and responsive to change, that:
- Focuses on the whole child
- Prioritizes CARE for others in designing systems and environments to improve the human condition, an approach that draws on design thinking and encourages the liberal, creative, and performing arts
- Places collaborative, project-based learning at the center of the educational experience
- Takes full advantage of our North Idaho location and connectivity to nature and our surrounding communities.