We pride ourselves in hiring the right people for our school. We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic individuals focused on providing engaging and rigorous education for our students. If you have a passion for unlocking students’ potential, we invite you to apple.
On This Page:
- Application Procedure
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Application Interview
- What do you know about project-based learning and what makes you interested in teaching in this model?
- What is collaboration? What part does communication have in collaboration?
- A learning disabled child or a highly gifted child that you have known or taught.
- Your most memorable teacher.
- Your greatest strengths as a teacher.
- What student-driven means to you.
- The impact of relationship on learning.
We are seeking three innovative teachers specializing in language art, science and math. Teachers/Learning coaches who possess a strong desire to foster high levels of academic achievement in a radical departure from traditional education. Our staff is committed to continuing their own learning and refining their practice to stay current in the field, ensuring a quality education for all. We offer small class sizes; professional development; regular observations, coaching; and opportunities for teachers to attend conferences. We believe strongly in providing training and support to our staff in order to enable strong teaching and learning in every classroom. Teachers getting in at the ground level have the opportunity to impact how W2LA takes shape and serves our community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Commitment to your own learning and increasing your knowledge in the fields of educational neuroscience, brain-based learning, and project/inquiry-based learning.
- Effectively coach students in middle school (6th, 7th or 8th grade) in a project-based model.
- Work as part of interdisciplinary team planning and aligning projects to ensure that learning follows state guidelines or requirements.
- Set clear short-term and long-term goals to drive student –driven and teacher-driven projects.
- Develop curriculum and innovative project ideas.
- Consistently evaluate pupil progress, record results, and issue meaningful feedback to students and provide weekly communication to inform parents of progress.
- Effectively foster an environment of sharing and discovery through transparency, empathy, building relationships and sharing successes and learning from failures.
- Work with other learning coaches and administration to co-create a learning environment that can reinvent education.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and professional development workshops.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, be well organized, able to function effectively in a team environment, and be able to manage a group of 12 to 15 students.
- Be personable and approachable to middle school students.
- Must be adaptable, creative and flexible in solving any problems that arise.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be knowledgeable or able to become familiar with Project Based Learning, Digital Media Learning, 21st Century Learning Skills, and Connected Learning systems.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., stand for more than 30 minutes, and drive own vehicle.
- Bachelor’s Degree & Washington or Idaho State Teaching Credential with an Elementary (K-8) or Language Arts, Science or Math endorsement OR
- Bachelor’s degree and Substantial completion of a teacher preparation program
- Excellent collaborative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Growth mindset and love of learning
- A strong ethical base, self-awareness and awareness of others
- Relentless commitment to and high standards for high quality execution
- Passionate with a high level of personal responsibility towards ambitious goals
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics, and drive to achieve and grow
- Humility, sense of humor, and rock-solid commitment to W2LA’s mission and the communities we serve
- Commitment to building programs from beginning to end
- Ability to multi-task and function in a high-energy environment
W2LA strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H-1B Visa applicants.
Our annual teacher salary scale ranges from $30,000 – $40,000 based on education and experience. There are addition compensation opportunities to own shares of this business. In addition, new teachers will have the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of north Idaho students.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.